While the remainder of the globe was progressing quickly in its adoption and adaption of cryptocurrencies, operating regulatory policies, and compliance to make it grow beside fiat and additional assets, the industry of crypto exchange for trading in India remained in dormancy due to the limitation inflicted by the Reserve Bank of India.
However, it transformed this year, when the nation’s prime court body Supreme Court, lifted the 2-year crypto prohibition under a landmark decision. From then, Indian bitcoin exchange India and the crypto market has continued buzzing with action, and not the pandemic or the global economic declination could make a dent on the craze of the tradesmen. For people who desire to be a member of this crypto cycle, but happen to be skeptical when it comes to starting, here lies a list of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in India (both local and global), to start with your crypto journey.
Here is the list of top cryptocurrency exchanges in India:
- Cashaa India
Founded in 2016, PayBito happens to be a US-based preeminent global crypto exchange that lately reopened trading services in India post-ban-lift by Supreme Court. With its headquarters in California, PayBito happens to be operational beyond geographies, with a steady track history of high rising trading volumes.
The crypto exchange for trading in India reopened its ventures in India by seventy percent market strength allowing traders to deposit, buy/sell and withdraw assets by INR. The bitcoin exchange India has preeminent cryptocurrencies recorded under the trading platform, providing people with permissive access to the identical, enabling them to increase their asset portfolio and trading experience. It happens to be one of the primary global exchanges to provide INR support in India when it comes to withdrawals and deposits. Dealers are acknowledged to obtain the best crypto values on PayBito portal with the lowest transaction charges.
- Multi-currency, multi-signature, plus SegWit authorized exchange.
- Leverages high-level security protocols, key encryption, plus improved wallet security.
- Seamless trading experience backed up by a manageable layout, plus user-friendly console.
- Advanced highlights include Firebase, 2-factor authentication, BIP-32.
- Instant fiat deposits.
- The trading fee is quite low, 0.075% if trading fees are paid in HCX
- GA Pending transaction control, including a block confirmation tracking option.
- Open order book endeavored to every trader.
- A 3-layered augmented security method to counter any breaches.
- Higher liquidity because of integration by major global exchanges.
- The quickest way to buy and sell.
- The largest variety of crypto assets in India.
- Offers INR, USD, and AED support.
- Secure storage.
- You can examine your portfolio on the go by their android and IOS mobile apps.
- 2-Factor authentication option available.
- Support is good.
- KYC happens to be mandatory.
- No BTC withdrawal for TIER 1 accounts.
View the exchange dashboard here
Founded in 2017, CoinDCX happens to be one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in India. The organization is authorized under Singapore based DCX that happens to be acknowledged to give crypto enabled business solutions plus services. CoinDCX exchange owns its headquarters within Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The trading platform and crypto exchange for trading in India offer quick exchanges from fiat to cryptocurrencies with zero fees required, providing all users with free convenience to a comprehensive range of monetary solutions and services that happen to be backed by industry-leading insurance assurance and security methods. CoinDCX gives its users a unified suite of crypto trading outputs, which covers DCXinsts. It signifies a one-stop-shop for purchasing cryptocurrencies immediately with Indian fiat.
- A protected and secure platform that promotes quick transactions
- Integration with notable exchanges adds to its commitment to higher liquidity of digital assets
- Seamless trading and an unlimited order book
- Multi-signature cold wallet authentication and storage
- The CoinDCX exchange remains accessible for download in Web versions, iOS, and Android.
- Wide variety of coins
- Good liquidity beyond most trading pairs
- Low minimums, Low fees
- Has both immediate buy/sell with a spot market
- Allows you to get interest from lending crypto
- Possesses margin trading by up to 6x leverage on lots of assets
- Possesses futures trading by up to 20x leverage on a choice of assets
- Mobile app accessible
- Online customer support
- Verification needed for higher fiat amounts
- Just fiat currency accessible
ZebPay commenced its journey into the world of crypto in 2015, and they have their headquarters in Singapore. Their Indian counterpart happens to be based out in Ahmedabad and is one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in India. After the RBI ordered the crypto trading prohibition during April 2018, ZebPay transferred to Malta provisionally. Although it remained functional from Singapore, including different nations, the exchange has lately recommenced their activities within India.
The crypto exchange for trading in India enables users to buy/sell INR-crypto and crypto-crypto pairs, supporting prime digital assets like BTC, ETH, XRP, BAT, etc. Also, they ensure low transaction fees, supported by high-level platform security.
- A comfortable and fresh look by an intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Wide variety of excellent trading features
- Multi-geo authentication and multi-signature enable for cold wallets.
- Absolute agreement with all statutes
- Multi-layered superior security protocols (proprietary)
- The exchange’s crypto withdrawal fees fluctuate with every digital asset that it supports.
- Zebpay is accessible in the iOS, Web version, and Android version for trading.
- Effortless network payments
- Convenient usage on the mobile app
- Flexible platform with trading and exchange features
- Being a hot wallet, it happens to be exposed to malicious online attacks
- Not ordered
- Troublesome user identity authentication process
- Digital asset variety is limited
- No live chat available on the website
- Private key Zebpay wallet controlled by the service provider
WazirX happens to be a crypto exchange based in Mumbai. It is a platform for crypto exchange for trading in India that was started in 2017 by Zanmai Labs Pvt Ltd. Post ban-lift, Binance Holdings procured this top crypto exchange in India. Presently, it works under the largest crypto exchange in the globe, Binance.
WazirX started its international co-operations during March, 8th of 2020. Its P2P transaction platform has been combined with the Fiat Gateway platform of Binance, allowing the business people to buy/sell any cryptocurrency registered under Binance handling USDT from WazirX portal. On entering this bitcoin exchange India, a trader can get up to 100 WRX coins, which happens to be the native currency of WazirX portal.
- The platform comes with enhanced security to the traders through daily security audits to retain the highest levels of safety
- It comes with a high-level identity verification method that completes KYC within only a few moments of signing up
- This bitcoin exchange platform can manage millions of deals in only a few seconds
- The easy design and effortless interface of this trading platform assures seamless user experience
- The crypto exchange happens to be accessible on Web, iOS, Android, and Windows versions for download.
- No middleman. It cuts out bulk charges.
- Authorized to Binance
- Versatile payment options are available
- Referral program available
- A potential hack on WazirX has not been yet, so their idea of handling such a situation happens to be unclear.
- No Leverage Trading pairs available
BuyUcoin, originated in 2016, happens to be based out of New Delhi, India. Within less than 2 years, BuyUcoin has turned out to be a top crypto exchange in India, demanding to own more than 150,000 users. Its unique selling proposition is its claim of accrediting zero transaction fees when it comes to buying and selling crypto.
BuyUcoin refers to an altcoin and bitcoin exchange platform offering a manageable way to trade nearly 30 distinct cryptocurrencies to Indian users. Although they demand that they charge zero prices, their buy/sell charges are notably higher than usual market prices. So, the price you need to pay can be higher compared to the different exchanges in India. It’s best if you compare the prices at BuyUcoin with those given by other top cryptocurrency exchanges in India before buying or selling any cryptocurrency.
- BuyUcoin supports two-factor authentication (2FA), demanding users to prove that they happen to be the account holder before they log in.
- 2FA comes with an additional layer of protection against any breaching attempts and serves to minimize the uncertainty of identity fraud or different traders using a fake persona on the portal.
- BuyUcoin declares that it uses computer protection like data encryption and firewalls and that all information is preserved by managing physical as well as electronic, procedural safeguards.
- An easy sign-up and authentication procedure
- Supports Indian rupees
- Buy and sell for nearly 30 kinds of cryptocurrency available
- No transaction charges
- Buy/sell rates is significantly higher than the usual market rate
- Contain some negative testimonials on forums about their withdrawal processing time
- Specific safety features are adopted to retain your data safe, which are not listed
- No mobile application available at the time of writing
The exchange UnoCoin, based in Bengaluru, was founded in 2013 with its crucial offering as Bitcoin and few additional significant digital assets. The crypto exchange for trading in India has established its business position internationally post collaboration with Paycase (Canada) and Bitwage (USA).
Unocoin provides a secure buying and selling platform for trading of Bitcoin utilizing INR while coordinating orders with different users. It has provisions for over-the-counter (OTC) trading allowing users to buy in bulk. Unocoin’s merchant gateway enables the e-commerce companies to get Bitcoins as payment.
- AES-256 encryption available for the safety of address-private key pairs
- 2-factor verification available for their UNODOX exchange account
- Various safe deposit addresses for the storage of encryption keys
- Unocoin has launched new features such as SBP, Bitcoin Systematic Buying Plan, and Bitcoin Point of Sale feature concerning the improved trading experience
- It is accessible for download in iOS, Web, and Android versions.
- Extremely simple to use and manage
- High liquidity
- Bitcoins held in cold storage
- Recommendation program available
- Limited options and Slow customer service
- There is only one digital asset and that is Bitcoin
- The verification process happens to be pretty tedious
- Fees & Bitcoin rates are more than top cryptocurrency exchanges in India
Bitbns is one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in India commenced by IIT alumni during the year 2017. Post ban by the Reserve Bank of India, peer-peer (P2P) lending has turned out to be the unique way to buy and sell bitcoins. Hence, accompanying with Bitbns, various other bitcoin exchange India is working to achieve the P2P standard. It will allow users to trade cryptocurrency without any interference from a third-party. Bitbns expects its users to fulfill the KYC formalities first, and then begin buying and selling with them.
- The method is completely Peer to Peer; solely, a user can borrow or lend assets to a different user.
- Here, makers and takers pay the corresponding fees (0.25%).
- This exchange demands 0.0005 BTC if you withdraw BTC.
- Bitbns allows wire transfer with the deposit method, but you cannot deposit through a credit card.
- Flexibility for interest rate and setting terms as per the convenience of the user.
- There is truly no restriction on interest rates.
- Can set up Auto Renewal on mortgages when the term is finished.
- Bitbns freezes borrower’s prices (approx 2x value of the borrowing) assuring the safety of the borrowed interest and funds.
- The lender simply gets interested when the order happens to be matched with a borrower.
- The lender has to give 15% charges for interest.
Established in 2017 by the partners of CrypDates, Colodax happens to be the prime platform for bitcoin exchange India, providing dependable digital wallets, lightning-fast trade execution, including industry-leading security systems. Their purpose is to assist and develop the blockchain business by promoting innovation, nurturing new and developing technology, and stimulating transformative development.
The partners behind the Mumbai-based Colodax exchange happen to be the same that started Crypdates, an arbitrage indicator application back during 2018. Even before the RBI banking ban, Colodax promised fast INR withdrawals and deposits with a committed team to manage P2P deposits.
- Zero fee INR deposits and withdrawals
- The payment gateway for credit cards
- Free deposits with Rupay cards.
- The BTC INR market possesses adequate liquidity.
- Colodax maintains the yellow and white color design from Crypdates and the UI on the website
- Mobile apps happen to be easy to use.
- The platform offers both Android and iOS apps.
- One of the safest exchanges
- Zero fee INR withdrawals and deposits
- Offers fast direct INR withdrawals and deposits
- There are superior security features like 2FA
- Problems related to KYC update
- Poor customer support
Remitano refers to the cryptocurrency exchange in Seychelles that works in more than 30 nations, including India. It is now supporting the P2P paradigm and enables users to trade their cryptocurrencies and bitcoin. The bitcoin exchange India provides round-the-clock customer support to users and offers an extensive user interface. Users are allowed to do transactions through cash deposit, bank transfer, and mobile money. The organization also possesses a mobile application for both Android and Apple devices.
- Allows the prompt purchase of altcoins
- Enables the deposit of funds in both fiat and cryptocurrencies.
- Crypto-exchanges are done with an intermediary escrow platform, giving additional security.
- 24-7 customer support.
- Mobile Compatible
- Supports a wide range of fiat currencies
- Counterparty Ratings
- Fiat and cryptocurrency withdrawals
- Wholesale Platform
- Low liquidity
- Price Variance
Giottus is a newly started cryptocurrency exchange in India that also works with the P2P paradigm. It possesses a smart KYC method and makes it compulsory for users. The crypto exchange for trading in India supports the trading of Ethereum, Bitcoin, Ripple, BCH, and Litecoin. It allows a flat fee of 0.25% for buying and easy selling of cryptos. The form of withdrawals happens through NEFT, Payment gateways, IMPS, and RTGS.
- Proprietary High-Speed Order Matching engines can process 50,000 transactions per second.
- Can trade in 15+ Coins.
- Can trade in higher than Top 15+ coins with high liquidity.
- Lowest trading fees in India.
- Low trading fees
- Poor security features
11. Cashaa India
Cashaa was started in India during 2019, and it happens to be a UK-based crypto banking solution. The crypto exchange for trading in India enables users to purchase Ethereum, Bitcoin, and various other coins, plus the record does not end with this. Cashaa happens to be the primary cryptocurrency coin concerning this portal. It starts and ends same-day KYC updates and verification for its users. Users are assigned a keycard with which they can grow their funds quickly.
- The CASNet allows smart contract deployment when it comes to a decentralized economy.
- The CASChain enables the system to be cryptocurrency neutral and interoperable.
- CASFiat will remain the layer that adds cash instruments in the network.
- Solid project
- Good idea
- Good team
- No backing (asset, profits, commodity)
- Limited exchanges
- Big competition
CoinSwitch is a crypto exchange for trading in India that enables you to buy and sell in more than 400 cryptocurrencies immediately. Being one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in India, the user interface layout is effortless and user-friendly likewise. It enables users to utilize their credit cards to purchase cryptocurrency of their preference.
- Effortless user interface.
- Has 100+ cryptocurrencies.
- Quick Withdrawals and Deposits.
- Fastest crypto to crypto, INR to crypto exchange and crypto to INR trading.
- Gives the lowest rate in the market.
- Quick KYC process.
- Perfect for amateurs as well as experienced traders.
- Quick customer support.
- The intuitive interface facilitates smooth usage for both beginners and advanced investor
- It provides higher than 300 cryptocurrencies throughout 45,000 currency pairs
- No transaction limits
- It comes with the ability to analyze and get the best rate from most reliable exchanges
- Quick and easy to use
- Fiat deposits are not accepted
- Hidden costs
- Payment methods
- Lack of regulation
- Lack of safety measures
- No leverage